Saturday, February 20, 2010

shades of blue

I have to say, when I finished watching 500 Days Of Summer I was just sad. When I went in the movie theater I thought I was going to watch a fairy tale ending summer comedy, but no, to my surprise the two love birds ended apart. Of course, I was not only extremely disappointed, but sad.

But on the other hand, the style was great, it’s so quirky& classical, and it really fits the character, Summer. Another thing I found very interesting is that she uses clothes, her character, can afford, (like vintage, gap, old navy, not fancy designers).

Also, while I was looking for movie stills of the movie, I came across tons of articles that talked about how Summer Finn has a much more "inspiring, yet obtainable" look (hence Gap&Old Navy), (not like sex&the city or other movies that have wardrobes full of designers- not that I have anything against that, but it's refreshing to see how movies are changing by trying to be more relatable) The costume designer said that Summer's clothes “Reveal her shape, while maintaining a mystery, they are playful without being frivolous. Innocent without being too childlike, femmine without being too girly.” She also said that “Summer would shop the flea markets, thrift shops, vintage stores, street fairs and ethnic neighbourhoods that are very much apart of the LA shopping scene.”

To view more pictures of the movie CLICK HERE

I just love it. I don’t know if you noticed but blue- eyed Summer Finn (in other words: Zooey Deschanel) is always dressed in shades of blue and not only that, but no one else wears blue AT ALL! Now that's called planning.

So, I didn’t really like the movie, but the fashion’s great, so what the heck?.


Love,

La Dolce Moda*

3 comments:

  1. Ah i watched the movie also, i agree with what you saidd, and the girl who played summer is a good actress
    cute blog

    http://www.littlevoguette.blogspot.com
    :)stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i think i watch this movie
    yes it was really good movie

    do u like romantic movie great

    http://101smiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice to keep her wardrobe in shades of blue. Interesting. When a director makes a choice like that, clothes take on a new meaning...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate your visit!