Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Gisele Bündchen's bare face covers Vogue Italia

Gisele Bündchen is the cover girl for Vogue Italia's Health & Beauty June 2013 issue. 


The beautiful Gisele has been in 122 Vogue covers, and was photographed for Vogue Italia by Steven Meisel. In Vogue Italia's latest issue, they take on the wonderful subject of Self care, of course since it's Vogue Italia, we can't expect anything other than self care from a luxurious point of view. 
Vogue.it stated that health & beauty "are reflected on our skin," hence the choice of the subject Self Care.
The pictures show some of the latest fashions on "taking care of your body" from spooky blood facials, to 

These are some pictures from the editorial:

Gisele getting the infamous vampire facial.

The picture shows how a "cupping treatment" works. Gisele looks beautiful in an orange turban and diamond earrings.

 
Gisele appearing to get a facial and checking her skin's elasticity.

 
Gisele getting some kind of infra red treatment.

Above, Gisele is getting an actual face peel and (probably) exfoliating her back.



I like the idea that Vogue Italia has with this shoot: exposing all the (mostly awful) things women go through to look beautiful, to look good enough. And, in true Vogue Italia fashion: they aren't afraid to be controversial in order to get a reaction from people.


And, finally, after all the grooming Gisele dresses up for some last pictures for Vogue Italia. 


Take a look at a behind the scenes video of the photo shoot:


What do you think of this controversial editorial? Are you a fan of Vogue Italia's risk taking articles?

Thanks so much for checking in,

All the best,

Francesca


13 comments:

  1. Very nice blog!
    I follow you via GFC.
    You would made my day if you follow me back <3
    Have a nice day xoxo
    muffliato9.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, I just followed you too!
      :) All the best!

      Delete
  2. Muy buena la idea de Vogue Italia! Y Gisele, una leyenda viviente entre el mundo de las top models :)
    Buen post!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias por comentar! Y sí, es verdad, Vogue Italia siempre tiene ideas novedosas y buenas!
      Muchas gracias por pasar y ahora te visito a ti!

      Saludos :)

      Delete
  3. this is kind of weird to me.. but she looks stunning as always


    francesca
    http://www.frankvinyl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Francesca, thanks for visiting my blog!
      Your giveaway is great, I love the Ain't Laurent sweaters and stuff :)
      hope you come back soon,
      from a fellow Francesca

      Delete
  4. I don't know if Vogue Italia did it well...I'm not sure about my opinion. Besides, Gisele is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchísimas gracias por pasarte por mi blog!
      Espero que te haya gustado y que vuelvas.

      Saludos!

      Delete
  5. I like when people are controversial too, you have to provoke or you can quickly be boring.:) And how hot does Gisele look?! I can't believe she just had a baby!!

    P.S.: That treatment where they draw your blood and "put it back" in your face with needles (vampire facial) is just horrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely is horrible and it looks scary too! I don't know if you're a Kardashian fan, but I remember there was an episode where Kim got one and cried all day after!

      Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. We need to take care of ourselves, I like the concept

    http://fashioncadet.com/
    www.alwand.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I just checked out your fabulous fashioncadet blog, and am now obsessed!
      Hope you come back :)

      Delete
  7. ok, the vampire facial I can do without but I love the photos... I love your blog ! Congratulations darling!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate your visit!