Tuesday, June 25, 2013

new punk Versace ads

Above you can see the latest pictures from the Versace fall 2013 ads. As with this season, we can't expect anything other than PUNK everywhere
The menswear pictures feature male models: Dominik Bauer, Matt Trethe and Travis Smith, and the women's pictures are showcased by the legendary Kate Moss and Saskia de Brauw. 

The male models- I specially love the first pic, the model looks so handsome and chic. 

The first image shows an almost naked (and brunette) Kate Moss holding the fabulous (and shiny) leather purses, and on the right Dutch model Saskia de Brauw with a very punk haircut and leather everything: leather pants, and a very dominaitrix-looking  leather dress.

The fabulous Donatella said:
"The campaign is stripped back to the raw power of the clothes and models, there's no set, no distraction, just the provocation, glamour and attitude of out fashion. Mert & Marcus genius transformed Kate and Saskia into these strong Versace characters (...)"

Apparently the Versace punk ads were very controversial in the fashion community, with criticism rising from the fact that the pictures were similar to the work of many other famous fashion photographers (Steven Meisel, Mario Testino) and with the fact that punk is already seen this season in Prada's latest collection.
  Click here to read more about the criticism on thefashionspot.com.

(photo creds: Latest Versace ads by Mert&Marcus)

What do you think of the latest Versace ad campaign? Do you think PUNK is being overdone this season? 

Oh and.. What do you think of a brunette Kate Moss?

Thank you for reading :)


Francesca

22 comments:

  1. I love your blog ! :)
    xCx
    http://christinapirate.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina thank you so much for your visit!
      I just visited your blog and I love it! I followed you on gfc and bloglovin!

      Francesca

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Agnes, great blog!
      I just followed you :) If you like follow back!

      Delete
  3. Love the purses! I like a blond Kate Moss better.

    Would you liek to follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin?

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosh! I love your blog! Your last post on Singapore was great!
      I'm following you already on gfc and bloglovin!
      :)

      Hope you follow back:)
      Francesca

      Delete
  4. Versace is always so fierce, and these are no different. Great post, LOVE brunette Kate ♥
    Sinéad xo
    ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Sinead!
      I LOVE Kate as a brunette too! She looks gorgeous!
      :)

      Delete
  5. Kate <3
    Actually the clothes (male) of the first picture is pretty cool!!

    http://the-unfinished-painting.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christoph thanks for your comment!
      Yes, I really like the first outfit :) True, they're pretty cooll!!

      Francesca

      Delete
  6. gorgeous models! love the coat on the first one <3

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Izzy thanks for your comment :)
      I just checked out your blog and I'm a huge fan!
      I followed you on GFC and bloglovin, if you like you can follow back
      Kindest regards,
      Francesca

      Delete
  7. I love your blog
    Is amazing <33
    Follow with bloglovin and google ;****
    http://pa0lkalove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paulina I just followed you on GFC and bloglovin!
      Hope you follow back
      Francesca
      xx

      Delete
  8. Wow, I love it! I like punk style ;) I love brunette Kate Moss! She looks totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie I totally agree! She looks gorgeous.
      Thanks for your visit :) Hope you liked La Dolce Moda !

      Delete
  9. The bags! I love it! You have a nice blog dear. I just followed you via GFC Bloglovin. I hope you can follow back. I'll wait for you in my blog dear.

    Follow me via Bloglovin here
    Follow me via GFC here

    XX, IamJenniya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenniya thank you so much for following & for reading :)
      I just followed back on GFC and bloglovin, Great blog!!
      Francesca

      Delete
  10. We love it but we love so much the low cost fashion!
    inatrendytown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! These are some bold looks but I love leather so that works good for me! Kate looks great as a brunette!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool !
    Xxo

    http://freedame-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate your visit!