Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Pinterest: the great fashion tool



Pinterest has been my latest obsession, it is such a great tool for fashionistas (like us) or aspiring designers, one can pin any image (wether it be an outfit, a place, a product) that inspires him/her.


Model Life: Here I pin everything that all of us fashionistas are (not so secretly) obsessed with: models and their backstage looks. 

Designer gowns: incredible designer gowns, that just make you want to wear them. Ellie Saab, Marchesa, Chanel Couture..

Love à la mode: fabulously chic couples like: Diane Kruger & Joshua Jackson, Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg, Bianca & Mick Jagger, etc.. 

Summertime: my favorite time of the year (isn't it everyone's?). I love this board because it's so inspiring.

Vintage Icons like Audrey, Jane Birkin, Francoise Hardy, Twiggy, etc. Or scenes from movies like Breakfast at Tiffany's, How to catch a thief, amongst many. 

In the Carrie Bradshaw board, I pin pictures of the fabulous Carrie, fashion editors/journalists (like Mira Duma) & amazing closets.




Of course, Cara gets her own board. Then there's one board where I can channel my royal obsessions, and another for all the accessories I always wished I owned (that Michael Kors watch has been on my wishlist for aprox. two years now).  The fashion extravaganza board is where I pin images of incrdibley flamboyant gowns, or pictures of Anna Wintour and Karl Lagrafeld giving a photographer the finger. The board called "dope" is where I pin American Apparelish pictures.

If you want, you should definitely check out this famous pinners that have the best boards ever:

Gala Darling on Pinterest (with awesome boards like: style influencers, yum, tattoo love, heroes and wisdom, les interieurs, etc.)

Lauren Conrad, the former reality star turned website beauty and fashion guru has great boards

Anthropologie for boards on jewelry, all things cozy, decor home, prints and patterns.

Elle Magazine (US), check it to see the latest jewelry, swimsuits, products, trends, how-to's.

Beauty web site: Into The Gloss. I found this site on pinterest, I hadn't heard of it before, and you can find amazing make up tips, model makeup, hair ideas,

Women's Wear Daily. Boards on everything fashion.

Karlie Kloss, one of my favourite adorable-quirky models.

Man Repeller, Leandra's fabulous and funny blog's pinterest.

Lauren Santo Domingo: The socialite & Vogue magazine contributor has many boards: like inspiration, history 101, Country houses, etc...

What do you think? Do you have a pinterest? What are some of the things you pin?

Thanks for reading :)

all the best,

Francesca

28 comments:

  1. I love pinterest too! It's amazing! I'm slightly addicted!

    Hey hun, I have a new address and I just lost all my followers on bloglovin, would you refollow me?

    beauteacoffeechic.blogspot.com

    xx thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aman! Great blog, I just followed you :)
      I loved your last post on how to get clear skin!

      F

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Tesa you have such a fabulous blog! I love your latest outfit!
      I just followed you on GFC and bloglovin ;)
      Francesca

      Delete
  3. you look like you have some amazing pins! I'll look for you on pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay you should:) Great blog! I just followed you & I love the last pair of shoes you posted.
      Francesca

      Delete
  4. I don't have a Pinterest account. I should have one, right? Haha! Thanks for sharing your boards.

    http://meowmd.blogspot.com/2013/06/make-up-technique-two-toned-eyeshadow.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment :)
      I love your latest post on 2 shadow makeup!
      All the best
      Francesca

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I know me too!
      Congrats on a great blog & I just followed you on gfc and great pinterest!

      Francesca

      Delete
  6. Great post! Would you like to follow each other?
    http://kate-fashionschtick-kate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate!
      Great blog :) I just followed you on GFC and bloglovin!
      Francesca

      Delete
  7. pinterest is indeed an awesome social media platform!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne thanks for stopping by :)
      & great blog!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by!
      You have a great blog :)

      Delete
  9. I love pinterest, it's so fabulous.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by :)
      I just checked out your latest outfit and i love it!
      F

      Delete
  10. great post !! :D
    Dear what about follow each other?
    let me know :)
    have a nice day!
    xx
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veronica, Great blog! I just followed you on GFC and bloglovin!
      If you like you can follow back :)

      Delete
  11. Lovely blog dear! Following you now!
    Check out our blog!

    ChocolateFashionCoffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys have a great blog!
      I just followed you on gfc and bloglovin :)

      Delete
  12. I don't use Pinterest.
    Everyone who uses it seems to love it.
    I find a lot of inspiration on Tumblr.
    Thank you so much for your nice comment on my blog!
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stella thank you for your nice comment!
      Tumblr and Pinterest are similar too, both have great inspirational pictures!

      I'm always a fan of your blog!!!

      Delete
  13. I love pinterest! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blog so much!!!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know, Lima

    www.limaswardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lima, yes definitely! I just followed you :)
      All the best,
      Francesca

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate your visit!