Friday, June 14, 2013

The Devil that wears Prada Returns


Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns is the sequel to the fabulous The Devil Wears Prada. The books were written by American novelist Lauren Weisberger. She was actually the real-life assistant of Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour, and one can suspect that the books are (not so) loosely based on her experience.

Scenes from the movie The Devil Wears Prada.

Lauren says of her experience as an assistant at Vogue:
Unlike Andy I couldn't force myself to wear high heels. It was expected of me, but I ran all day, all over the office, up and down the building 1000 times and to Starbucks six times a day, so there was no way I could manage even a 2in heel. 
I wore these horrible, black platform boots with a thick rubber sole because there was no choice. And even though for a couple of weeks I made the boot-to-high-heels switch under my desk, I just had to forget it in the end. She would stare at them in disgust and it was a stare that conveyed her displeasure pretty clear.
This really sounds like Andy's (The Devil Wears Prada) life at Vogue.

Weisberger is also the author of Everyone Worth Knowing (a book based on the New York City public relations world- 2005), Chasing Harry Winston (three NYC best friends that deal with turning the big 3-0, written in 2008) & Last Night at Chateau Marmont (2010).

What do you think? Would you read Revenge Wears Prada? I'm actually quite tempted by the other books as well!
I hope the movie gets a sequel too, wouldn't it be fantastic to see Meryl Streep as the scary yet fabulous Miranda Presley again?

All the best,
Francesca

16 comments:

  1. one of my favorite movies!

    xx

    http://spoonfulofdiamonds.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SpoonfulOfDiamonds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'd love to read that book again! Great post dear. :)
    Following you now back via GFC. Thank you so much for the support!

    xx, Mela
    www.wearismela.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the first book so this is a must! :)

    Lovely blog by the way, would you like to follow each other? <3

    memoiresdecouture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful blog! i just followed you :)
      Francesca

      Delete
  4. Great post! I love this movie and the book.

    Would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin '? Let me know :)

    Have a great weekend!
    vgolove1.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments on my blog!
      I follow you in GFC and Bloglovin/

      Delete
    2. Thank you for visiting:)
      I followed you already and you have a great blog!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read the books but I have seen the movie and I totally loved it. I can't blame her. I couldn't run around in high heels all day. Thanks so much for following on Bloglovin. I followed you back and I hope we stay in touch. Love your blog <3

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks for lovely comment :) I know running around in high heels all day would be insane.
      we should definitely stay in touch!
      xx

      Delete
  6. Great news!
    Thanks for visiting & following my blog! As we only have 3 weeks of Google Reading List/ GFC, I started following you on Bloglovin also :).

    http://thestyle-o-meter.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this post :)

    like your blog, would You like to follow each other? let me know

    ReplyDelete
  8. Living in Berlin is amazing, the city is so beautiful! So many parks, clubs, bars, museums, great places to eat, nice people...And so many different nationalities and everyone is hanging out together :D I love it here!
    I love your blog, I follow you now, too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much, I woud love to live in Berlin!!!! So beautiful!
      :) I'm glad you like it there!

      Delete
  9. Didn't know the author was the assistant of Anna Wintour! Wow! Your blog is great Francesca! I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted the sequel to be as good as the first, it wasn't bad though. I had it on my summer tbr list as soon as I heard it was coming out and was moderately pleased. I have a chick lit pile and I followed Revenge with The Publicist by Christina George, it is awesome. Should be added to any lover of that genre, thepublicistnovel.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate your visit!