Wednesday, June 5, 2013

the fashion oscars

All the fashion royalty gathers pampered and beautiful for the CFDA awards annually.
The host was funnyman Andy Cohen and the presenters included Hilary Clinton and Jessica Chastain; while amongst the attendees were millions of celebrities from Kanye West, Liv Tyler and Kerry Washington to Diane Von Frustenberg and  Jason Wu.
The awards took place June 3rd at the Lincoln Center and the event is sponsored by Swarovski and
(The CFDA) recognizes the outstanding contributions made to American fashion by individuals from all areas of the industry and related arts, with awards being given for design excellence in womenswear, menswear, and accessories as well as extraordinary accomplishments in journalism, creative vision, and lifetime achievement.

Hailee Steinfeld looking incredibly adorable in a SUNO X SWAROVSKI top and skirt.

The model Joan Smalls wore an amazing white Givenchy gown, the dress is so beautiful and classic, it looked absolutely fantastic!

Lily Alldrige wore the Olsens's The Row. The dress has a vintage aura, but I had to include it because of those fabulous frilly red heels, aren't they amazing?

Karlie Kloss is wearing Cushnie et Ochs (I had never heard of them before) and is posing with both designers here. The black dress has a plunging neckline but it looks amazing on the VS model.

Both silver-wearing models, Cody Horn and Karolina Kurkova, are posing with Michael Kors and wearing the designer.

Nicole Richie is wearing a golden Marc Jacobs gown, it looks so effortlessly chic, I've always been a huge Nicole fan.

This has to be my favorite look so far, Jessica Stam is wearing a yellow peplum Rebecca Minkoff dress.

I felt like I had to include Ashley Madekwe's cutout dress, because of the mint color (Leisure Society)

And, finally, I have to include the amazing Brad Goreski because I love him! The stylist is so sweet and humble/ down to earth.


These were my favorite CFDA looks.. What do you think? What's your favorite look?
I have to say every time I look at these wonderful gowns I can only imagine ever being lucky enough to wear one to a stylish event like this one.


Anyways, thank you for visiting La Dolce Moda! I really appreciate it :)

Love,

Francesca





1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate your visit!