Sunday, June 16, 2013

the wonderful Sofia Coppola

I just finished watching Somewhere (2010), the movie directed by Sofia Coppola, that starred Stephen Dorff and Elle Fanning. In case you haven't watched it or haven't heard much about it, it's about Johnny Marco, a Hollywood actor that's cruising through life until he gets an unexpected visit from his daughter.
I enjoyed the movie, it's very artsy and I love the visual images (locations range from: Italy to the Marmont hotel in LA or the 101), although sometimes the takes are very long which make the movie kind of slow, still it's a good movie.

The movie poster and (right) actors: Elle and Stephen  with Sofia.

After finishing the movie, I was very intrigued with Sofia Coppola's life. Did you know she has her own fashion brand? Her label is called Milkfed and it's sold exclusively in Japan. Sofia started the brand in 1994 after dropping out of Mills College.

Sofia says: 
"I always wanted to be a designer, but I didn't think I knew enough. When I helped Kim Gordon and Daisy von Furth put on the X-Girl show in SoHo, I discovered they didn't know how to sew, either. I realized I admire people who just jump into things and do it. So I started this with Linda Meltzer who has a line out of L.A. called Tease Tee's; she did the first shrunken T-shirts, which became know as 'baby Ts.' I designed the clothes and she's the grown-up; she put the rest of it together."


Here are some of the products from the Milkfed Collection. Stripes, pink and black, everything is so cute and chic. What do you think?

A 90s photoshoot for W Magazine featuring Lisa Ann, Amanda de Cadenet, Sofia Coppola & Zoe Cassavetes all wearing Sofia's Milkfed collection.

Sofia Coppola wearing a Milkfed babydoll tee.


Sofia currently lives in Paris and she says:  "The Palais-Royal, the Tuileries Garden, the Musée d'Orsay. You can tell I love the city, right ? It's a filmmaker's dream there; the colors are beautiful!"

Sofia directed five movies: The Virgin Suicides (1999); Lost in Translation (2003); Marie Antoniette (2006); Somewhere (2010) and her latest film is The Bling Ring.

The Bing Ring cast with Sofia at the premiere of the movie.

Do you like Sofia Coppola movies? What did you think of Somewhere? Have you gotten a chance to watch The Bling Ring yet?

Thank you so much for visiting ladolcemoda!

All the best,
Francesca

photo creds: imdb.com, style.com, sofiacoppola.tumblr.com

40 comments:

  1. dear you said that you follow me but I think that no:((
    http://carolineepe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you want to design, its about a passion, and if its in you to do it you will! Love you to check out my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great style :)

    New post on my blog ---> http://urbanfashionstylee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am your follower, dear:)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely post :)
    like your blog,would You like to follow each other ? just let me know dear :)
    XO MP
    http://beamasterpieceblog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her so much. Every movie she makes is wonderful. I love her vision of things. Lovely post!

    Have a great day!
    Mathilde.
    parisian-fairytale.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love her films too!
      Thank you so much for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. I loved that movie! And Coppola's 'Lost in translation' is my favorite movie of all times :)

    effiesdress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Effie, thank you so much for your comment :)
      I loved Lost In Translation too!

      All the best,
      Francesca

      Delete
  8. I just watched Marie Antoinette for the first time the other day & I loved her directorial style! Definitely want to watch more of her films :)
    Sinead xo
    ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie Antoniette was fabulous wasn't it? It's so full of extracagance!
      I loved it too!

      Delete
  9. Lovely post, lovely blog! Would you like to follow each other via GFC, bloglovin' and facebook?

    Evi xoxo

    Check my transparent bag collection and shop online on evvou.tictail.com

    The Notebook of a Fashion Lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evi I just followed you on GFC and bloglovin :)
      Hope you do too...! :)

      Francesca

      Delete
  10. lovely clothes!like your blog!
    would you like to follow each other?
    vale

    La ragazza con la valigia
    Facebook
    Most Popular!
    Last post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vale I just followed you on GFC and bloglovin!
      Great posts on your trips!!
      :)

      Delete
  11. followed you on blog lovin 35 :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to watch Bling Ring!!!
    I've seen the first two of her movies.
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
  13. Following you back!!!

    Thanks for your visit!!

    See you soon!

    http://enaissoul.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg so her collection is cute! I like it! This is a nice post, I'll have to watch some of her movies now!

    Also, follow back? xx

    coffeenotesandtea.blogspot.com

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aman thank you so much for your comment!
      and her collection is soo 90s, I love it tooo!

      Delete
  15. Hi Francesca, I like her movies too, havent seen the last yet!:) Follow you back of course on GFC and bloglovin!:) Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool very cool post on Sofia. Didn't know she was into designing... Always learn something new here. Thanks Francesca!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gracias por tu coment guapa!!! te sigo din duda :D

    http://ainhoapigo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your blog!!! It's great! Do you want to follow each other?!

    xo, Lizz
    www.ElizzabethHope.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, great blog! I followed you on gfc & bloglovin!
      :)

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. I'm already your follower. :) Keep in touch!

      Delete
  20. I love Sofia! "Lost in Translation" is my favorite movie ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vita ! Lost in Translation was fantastic!
      Thanks for stopping by, i just followed you!

      Delete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Sofia! I'm attending a screening of "The Bling Ring" on Tuesday and can't wait! I followed you with GFC and Blog Lovin. Hope you can follow back!

    : signe
    : the daily savant :
    : the daily savant : Blog Lovin

    PS~ I have a giveaway going on now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! How cool!!!! I just checked out your blog and it's amazing!
      I followed you on GFC and bloglovin.
      :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate your visit!