Monday, July 29, 2013

Kate Moss, reminiscing about a true style icon

I thought I'd dedicate this post to the amazing and legendary Kate Moss
A model that started her career at the young age of 14, and that managed to stay relevant through out all of these years- and not only that, but she has surpassed her own battles in the public eye no less...

At 17, Kate's fame skyrocketed with the legendary Calvin Klein ads with Mark Whalberg.
She wrote on her book:
"I can still remember asking Paul Cavaco, 'Do you think I should do this Calvin contract?' And he said, 'You know what? You're so small, you might not last. It could be all over in a season! Take the money and run!' I worked at Calvin for eight years, I just didn't know if it was right for me. I thought it might stop me being able to do other things."


Probably one of my favorite friendships of all time: Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss. The fashionistas have been close friends for years, and still are.

Johnny Depp and Kate Moss. The couple that started the heroin chic style in the 1990s. Grunge, leather, black. The ultimate 90s fashion couple.

Kate also wrote on her book how hard it was to 
"I used to be on my own at airports all the fucking time. It was so incredibly lonely, I was alone a lot at the beginning."


I love this shot. Kate Moss modeled for the streetwear brand Supreme last year.

Kate modeled for the St. Tropez tanning company this year. And she said:
"I have used St.Tropez since it started. Around 15 years ago, the first time I went to Ibiza, I didn't want to be the only white person on the beach so I had a St.Tropez,"

The supermodel has been on the cover of 32 Vogue Covers!!!!

John Galliano, the model's longtime friend, designed Kate's wedding dress. The dress had a vintage flair and a long veil. 
And Manolo Blahnik designed a unique pair of Godichefac sandals with crystals and blue details.

The Kate Moss Book was published last year, and it's the perfect coffee table book. Filled with everything that is Kate, her personal anecdotes and tons of pictures -and some that were never even published before. click here to find it on Amazon

The supermodel's latest endeavor consists of a collection of  accessories for Carphone Warehouse, designed by Kate herself. The collection will hit the shelves July 31st, and the blonde beauty said:
"My phone's as much a part of my look as my bag or shoes, and yet there's so little choice out there" 
I can't wait to see this collection..!

What do you think of Kate Moss? She is a true style icon that has managed to stay relevant through out more than 25 years. In an industry where young is always better, Kate is still one of the most sought after models today.
Are you a Kate fan? Will you be checking out her Carphone Warehouse collection?
I love the pictures of a young Kate Moss.


Thank you for reading :)


Francesca


33 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too! She's gorgeous and super stylish
      Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting :)
      Hope you come back! <3

      Francesca

      Delete
  2. Gosh I knew she was famous but I never realised just how big of a deal she is until this post! She's def making it to my list of fav models. She's so unique. She must be a real great business woman and entrepreneur if she is still going strong after 25 years because most models will have fallen of the face of the Earth by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seryna thank you so much for your comment!
      And you're right, she must be a very good and savvy business woman!
      Thank you for your comment :)
      Hope you come back!

      Francesca

      Delete
  3. I loved this post! I can't brlive how young she looked at the start :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    CHECK OUT MY GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice thank you so much for your visit and comment :)
      I will check out your giveaway now!
      Francesca <3

      Delete
  4. I liked her earlier work - it was beautiful and moving. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalia, thank you so much for your comment and visit!
      I loved her earlier work too!

      Francesca

      Delete
  5. love her style!

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rakel me too! Thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      :)
      Francesca

      Delete
  6. Kate is ageless and timeless, can't believe how young she looked when she started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam thank you for your visit and comment!
      And you're right! Kate's ageless and timeless!
      :)
      Francesca

      Delete
  7. Kate Moss is my favorite model ever! Because she is petite like me :) I always love her rock chick/ grunge glam style too and yes, she and Johnny Depp are my fave 90's couple too. There's a saying in British Vogue I read before, "there's only one Kate in London" and it's Kate Moss hahaha

    awesome profiling post!

    WWW.STYLEVANITY.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alyssa muchisimas gracias por tu comentario!
      And I totally agree.. There is only ONE Kate in London!
      Mil gracias por un comentario tan lindo!

      Francesca

      Delete
  8. Kate Moss really does have her own sense of flair and brio.
    Great post... so much info.
    I love this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your visit and comment :)
      And I agree.. Kate has a great style and flair

      Francesca <3

      Delete
  9. Love your post! Kate is the ultimate model forever!
    http://theladyvintage.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie Charlotte, I agree, Kate is the ultimate model!
      Thanks for your visit and comment :)

      Francesca!

      Delete
  10. She is so versatile, love her face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your visit and kind comment!
      Francesca <3

      Delete
  11. I am a huge fan! Thank you for this great post, I learned a lot! And all the pics you chose are gorgeous!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen, thank you so much for your visit and kind comment!
      Francesca <3

      Delete
  12. Bellissimo post, adoro Kate!
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ylenia!
      thank you so much for your visit and kind comment!
      Francesca <3

      Delete
  13. Got to love her. Such a rock chic!
    We hope you enjoy your summer, we just had an amazing BBQ evening with friends. Summer is just the best season don't you think?
    All the best from lovely Berlin,

    Jana & Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jana and Vanessa, thank you both for such a lovely comment!
      How beautiful Berlin!
      I adore summer as well!
      All the best,
      Francesca

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Lara and Tura, thanks for stopping by!
      I loved your blog and I'm already following you/
      If you like, you can follow back!

      Francesca

      Delete
  15. Like your post :)

    check out my blog :) and follow if u like it :))
    http://the-newone.blogspot.ru
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daria. Thanks for your visit and your comment!
      And good luck on your new blog :)

      I just followed you on GFC, and hope you follow back!

      Francesca
      La Dolce Moda

      Delete
  16. I love kate moss! shes such a beauty :) I just started a fashion blog recently and would love for you to check it out. Follow for a follow on GFC and bloglovin? I'll follow back xx


    choosfashion.blogspot.com

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9066911

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love kate moss too! nice pics u have here! :)

    http://thesedaysfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great Post...

    Kate is not a simply beautiful girl...she's more than that...
    Obsviously I love her style. I also think she's a free spirit...

    She's not a perfect girl she's just her. She seems truthful...

    Thank for your visit in my blog...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate your visit!