Friday, July 26, 2013

The Fabulous Olsens✿

Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen are probably the most famous twin fashionistas out there. The gorgeous twins just turned 27, and my loyal reader/fabulous sister gave me an idea to write this post on the chicest twins.

 Let's reminisce a little... The Olsen twins, just like we knew them. Either from Full House, their legendary movies or their nick tv show, am I the only one that feels I grew up with them?



For this years Met Gala, the twin fashionistas opted for vintage Chanel and Dior.
Mary Kate (left) wore a Chanel Haute Couture gown and a Balmain jacket, the perfect bohemian outfit. While Ashley (right) wore a vintage orange Haute Couture Dior gown -that looked a lot like a huge orange tunic.

Long drapey dresses, their own designs, everything they wear suits their bohemian effortless chic style...


Currently, the fabulous Olsens have two fashion brands: The Row and Elizabeth and James.
In 2012 they won the CFDA Womenswear Designers of The Year for The Row. 

Mary Kate and Ashley started The Row, their couture label named after Savile Row, in 2006. And one year later, in 2007, the twins started Elizabeth and James (named after their other two siblings), a brand.
A video introduction to the fantastic, chic and minimalist The Row:

I loved what they wrote on their Elizabeth and James mission statement, citing a perfect contradiction:
They perfectly complement one another in a beautiful contradiction. Elizabeth's uptown sophistication and feminine detail is paired with James' laid back, downtown edge and masculine tailoring. Individually, each would  be incomplete. Together, they are striking in perfection. For Elizabeth and James, the magic is in the mix.

Previous Elizabeth and James collections.

Some of the many Hollywood ladies that love Elizabeth and James. 

The Olsen's future project is a collaboration with Sephora, they will launch an Elizabeth and James fragrance.


Influence is a book by Mary Kate and Ashley, where they compiled everything and anything that inspires and influences them. They compiled everything from personal pictures to interviews with famous fashion insiders.

Some polaroids from the book Influence with fashionistas like Karl Lagerfeld, Terry Richardson, Diane Von Frustenberg, etc..

Are you a fan of the Olsen twins? What do you think of The Row and Elizabeth and James?
I love their bohemian-laid back style, they always look super chic and fashion ready.

Thank you for reading!

Francesca


33 comments:

  1. Adore their vintage dress! So huge Have a nice week end dear Francesca!
    http://theladyvintage.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie Charlotte thank you so much!
      Hope you have a great weekend too!!
      :)

      Francesca

      Delete
  2. I can't believe they are 27! I've always loved their effortless style :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    CHECK OUT MY GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They're so big haha
      True, they have great style!!

      I'll check out your giveaway now!

      Thank you for visiting and commenting! :)

      Francesca

      Delete
  3. I'm obsessed with Ashley and MK too, love so much Ashley <3
    What about following each other via GFC and Bloglovin? Just let me know!
    Xxx

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolina! I would love to!
      I'm following you on Gfc and Bloglovin :)
      Hope you follow back..!

      Francesca

      Delete
  4. Cool sisters!
    ciao
    Nicky
    www.mywishstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicky thank you so much for stopping by and commenting :)
      I really appreciate it!

      Francesca <3

      Delete
  5. Oh my! I love The Olsens. I have Olsens Anonymous as one of my fave blogs.
    My dream is to have access to their wardrobes...all those amazing vintage pieces to drool over. Very lucky girls, but they seem to have a strong work ethic too. I'm sure with their money they could just retire(!), but they'd probably be bored silly!
    Do wish they would polish their shoes though! There are some pictures of really cruddy, scuffed footwear. Looks awful! Surely they could have some lacky that'd do it for them!!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! :) I love Olsens Anonymous too! They must have the best wardrobes EVER!!
      Thank you so much for your comment and your visit!
      :)

      Francesca

      Delete
  6. Amazing sisters... super stylish!!!
    Happy friday Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paola, thank you so much for your comment and your visit!
      I totally agree, probably the most stylish sisters EVER!
      :)

      Francesca

      Delete
  7. Lovely post!!


    http://www.facebook.com/AmandaChicFashionRoomLounge?ref=hl
    twitter & instagram : @fashionrlounge
    Fashion room lounge

    A chic kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, thank you so much for your visit and your comment :)
      I'm glad you liked the post!
      Te cuento que Me encantó tu blog! Y te he seguido en GFC y Bloglovin!
      Si quieres mepuedes seguir tu tambien :)
      La Dolce Moda

      Francesca

      Delete
  8. Love them forever!! Icons since I can remember. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arden, I totally agree! They have been icons forever..!
      Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting :)
      I just followed you on GFC and bloglovin, hope you follow back :)

      Francesca

      Delete
  9. I really like their style!!! Definitely one of my faves!

    xx
    Sophisticated Lace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kamilla thank you so much for visiting and commenting :)
      I love your blog!! :)
      And, true, they have great style!
      Best,
      Francesca

      Delete
  10. They are 27 already..
    Happy weekend...
    m on instagram now, lets follow each other there..
    http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pooja I'll check out your instagram now!
      Thank you so much for visiting and commenting :)

      Best,
      Francesca

      Delete
  11. The empire that the Olsens have created is simply amazing, they are stylish and such savvy business women. Have a fab weekend hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam thank you so much for your comment !
      and I totally agree they have created an amazing (and huge!) empire, that is still totally relevant!

      :) Hope you have a great weekend too!

      Francesca

      Delete
  12. Loyal reader /fabulous sister (?) here!!
    LOVED the post!!
    And always loved and admired the olsen sisters.

    You rock Francesca!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Que divaa!
      Muchisimas gracias por bancarme y leer LDM! <3
      Sos un amor!!!

      And post suggestions are always welcome! Specially from you darlingggg :)

      Francesca <3

      Delete
  13. LOVE this post! I just love the Olsen's fashion!

    xo, Delightful Sunflower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa thank you so much for your sweet comment!
      I love the Olsen's fashion too!

      Francesca :)

      Delete
  14. I love the Olsen-twins, they're so inspiring! :)

    Would you like to follow each other?

    XX, Sara.

    http://saritschka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara thank you so much for visiting and commenting :)
      I loved your blog!
      And I just followed you on GFC and Bloglovin.
      Hope you follow back:)

      Francesca

      Delete
  15. These two have came a long way! They are amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree!
      Thank you so much for your visit and your comment :)
      Francesca

      Delete
  16. Can I have that Balmain coat Mary Kate wore to the Met Gala???
    Wow.... I think it is quite the ultimate cool...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hhaha yes, I'll give it to you!
      Thank you for your lovely comments :)

      Francesca

      Delete
  17. great post, love them too.
    http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/2013/08/classy-look-for-formal-event.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate your visit!