Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Book Club: The Vogue Factor

I just started reading The Vogue Factor written by the former editor at large of Vogue Australia and Vogue Singapore: Kirstie Clements. Clements gives her readers an inside glimpse of the fashion world throughout the eighties and nineties. She gives her take on controversial issues like model's extremely waif figures, and sharing personal anecdotes of location shoots all over the world and her experience in high fashion events like Paris fashion week or meeting the legendary Estee Lauder.

The Aussie fashionista also writes about her entire Vogue career: she started as a mere front desk receptionist, and narrates how she moved up the Vogue ladder..

Above you can see the fabulous Kirstie Clements and her book.

What are your favorite fashion books? I love reading about successful and industry savvy women. What do you think?


Thank you for reading!

Francesca

PS: I am so happy to say the post I wrote on "I want to Be a Coppola" was linked by The Guardian's website. Click here if you want to take a look at it! :)

12 comments:

  1. I need to read this book - would love to read about how she moved up the Vogue ladder! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naheeda,
      Thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      And I just followed you on GFC and Bloglovin, hope you follow back!

      Francescaღ

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed the comments on Vogue. They are really interesting!!
    What a great blog! Good job, Francesca.

    ANDREAS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andreas!
      Thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      Francescaღ

      Delete
  3. This book sounds so good! Need to put it in my need to read book list! Thanks for the post!

    xo, Delightful Sunflower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa,
      Thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      And I totally recommend this book!
      Francescaღ

      Delete
  4. This book sounds so inspiring! I'm totally with you on reading about successful women in fashion; I find anything about Coco Chanel especially good for this! I just started reading 'Summer & The City' - it's basically a prequel to Sex & the City, so Carrie has just moved to New York. I def recommend it! I've also got The Devil Wears Prada & its recent sequel lined up to read :)

    Congrats on being linked by The Guardian, that's incredible! So well deserved too :)
    Sinéad xo | fabuleuse, toujours ♥ 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sinead, I read the "Summer and the City" as well! and I loved it!!
      Are you watching "The Carrie Diaries"
      Thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      And I totally recommend this book!
      Francescaღ

      Delete
  5. Jo pues tiene muy buena pinta! me apetece leerlo! un besito

    http://elprobadordemery.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria,
      muchas gracias por tu visita y tu comentario!

      Francescaღ

      Delete
  6. Beautiful books... Congratulations on being linked by the Guardian! How cool is that!!
    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elastichica,

      Thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      Francescaღ

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate your visit!