Sunday, August 18, 2013

dicovering Venice...

Venice. Home of Marco Polo, Antonio Vivaldi and the amazing Canaletto. Inspiration for millions of different artists, every corner  is more beautiful than the last. Never before had I visited a more romantic city. The sunsets over the Ponte Vecchio. Gondolas wandering around Venice's most secret passageways with their Gondolieris serenading their passagers with beautiful Italian songs.

 A taste of Venice...

The Peggy Guggenheim Collection is one of the most beautiful museum in the world, and it holds some of Europe's most precious treasures. Peggy was an American socialite and art collector. Known for her free spirit and eclectic lifestyle, she lived between Venice, Paris and New York. Peggy moved to Paris during the flapper twenties were she met avant-gard artist like 

Picasso, Mondrian, Miró... Just a few of the iconic artists represented in the Peggy Guggenheim Collection.


Pegeen Vail was Peggy Guggenheim's only daughter. I loved reading her history, Pegeen was brought up in her mother's ecclectic lifestyle, which probably contributed with her becoming an artist herself. She exhibited her art all over the world, and it was well known  for its naive style.

Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana both belong to the Pinault family (François Pinault and François-Henri Pinault)
Palazzo Grassi is a gorgeous palazzo on Venice's Grand Canale. And it holds François Pinault's private collection.
Punta della Dogana used to be Venice's central port/customs point, and it was reformed in 2008 under François-Henri's request, and holds the billionaire's own private collection.

What do you think? I love that the beautiful Venice, where legendary artists lived, is still nowadays filled with art.
Where are your favorite museums? 



Thank you for reading!

Francesca

40 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS PHOTOS!!!!:)))



    P.S.THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVELY WORDS AND WE ARE HAPPILY FOLLOWING BACK!!!:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following back and commenting!!
      :)
      Francesca!

      Delete
  2. Love Venezia! Beautiful pictures and post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nickyy thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      I really appreciate it :)
      Francesca

      Delete
  3. what a great post with lovley pictures!
    great work hun..

    keep in touch
    http://angeliqueprefers.blogspot.gr/2013/08/orange-country-bags.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angelique thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      I really appreciate it :)
      Francesca

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Justyna, thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      I really appreciate it :)
      I just followed you, if you like you can follow back!
      Francesca

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ivana, thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      I really appreciate it :)
      Francesca

      Delete
  6. Hi there, I am your newest follower, just stumble accross your blog. It's got some interesting posts, such as this one - I love reading about new artists. Venice is one of my favourite places, its kind of creepy with all the windy water filled streets but so beautiful.

    I do hope you will follow back too http://frockandkohl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!
      thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      I really appreciate it :)

      I just followed you on GFC and Bloglovin! Hope you follow back ;)
      Francesca

      Delete
  7. Great photos!
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      I really appreciate it :)
      I just followed you on Gfc and Bloglovin! Hope you follow back..
      Francesca

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      I really appreciate it :)
      And I love your blog!!!
      Francesca

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      I really appreciate it :)
      Francesca

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Angie, I totally agree!
      thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      I really appreciate it :)
      Francesca

      Delete
  11. These are gorgeous pictures! Such a beautiful place - enjoy!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen,
      thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      I really appreciate it :)
      Francesca

      Delete
  12. I ♥ your blog. You are amazing blogger :))
    Feel free to my blog:
    http://maryannfashionn.blogspot.com/
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ania!
      thank you so much! You are so sweet. And I jusr checked out your blog and followed you! Hope you follow back :)
      Francesca

      Delete
  13. Nice photos! We envy your trip!

    http://inatrendytown.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alyssa.. Thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      :)

      Francesca

      Delete
  14. You are really talented!! I didn't know about your blog and i like it so much! Would you like to follow eachother? I'm following you :)

    www.meryswardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mery
      thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      I really appreciate it :)
      And I just checked out your blog and I love it!
      Francesca

      Delete
  15. Thanks, Pretty! :) I'm following you. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Justyna!!!
      I really appreciate it :)
      Francesca

      Delete
  16. you sure had a really fun time in Venice! Venice is just so breathtaking!

    Love,
    Pudding Monster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vania, thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      I love your blog! And I just followed you :)
      Hope you follow back!

      Francesca

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Nicky thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      :)
      Francesca

      Delete
  18. Follower#355
    Lovely Blog :)
    Enjoyed reading the Posts.
    Following you. I hope you follow back and return the support too :D
    Cheers!
    http://beautydrugs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hina, thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      I just followed you back!

      Francesca

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      I love your blog! Silkybow is great :)

      Francesca

      Delete
  20. i will be there one day inshalah

    ReplyDelete
  21. Truman Capote once said :
    "Venice is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs in one go."

    Isn't it just too much to take in... I saw Venice for the first time not long ago... Swept away.
    I love this blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate your visit!