Sunday, September 15, 2013

Carine Roitfeld, Mademoiselle C

Carine Roitfeld is the stylish and iconic former editor-in-chief of Vogue Paris (2001-2011).

Roitfeld started her career in fashion at the young age of 18, when she modeled for several different magazines. Not long after, the beautiful Carine became a stylist for the French Elle.

Roitfeld said to Vogue Paris:
"I was not the best stylist when I worked for fifteen years for French Elle, but certainly when I met Mario Testino something happened. The right person for me at the right time"

After being in Vogue Paris for 10 years, the beautiful Carine worked as a stylist again: and for none other than the French household brand Chanel.

By 2011, Carine started her own magazine titled CR, and she said to the Vogue Paris:
 "I will always be irreverent in my own way, but I will try to use new approaches. I've used a lot of cigarettes, a lot of sexy pictures, a lot of naked girls. I will try to do something totally different now, because I don't want to get bored of myself or to bore my readers. So, if I learn something new today, I will use it. I have to reinvent myself"

The 58-year-old Tom Ford muse has an eccentric sense of style, and always is incredibly fashion forward.

CR Street Style

This year, CR has been chosen as the global fashion director for Harper's Bazaar, and she is even going to starr in a documentary  about her life: Mademoiselle C (check out the trailer below).



And, most importantly, CR isn't afraid to take fashion risks.

What do you think? Will you be checking out Mademoiselle C?
She has such an inspiring career!

Thank you for reading!


FrancescaŠÉ¶

9 comments:

  1. She has amazing style..
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has the most impressive and elegant style! great post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I like her more than Anna Wintour and that photos of her when she was a young model, god! She looks exactly like her daughter :))

    Nice profiling again Francesca! :)

    WWW.STYLEVANITY.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate your visit!