Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Factory Girl

I just finished watching Factory Girl, the 2006 film based on the life of the iconic Edie Sedgwick.
Sedgwick was a socialite and former Andy Warhol muse,  Factory Girl is a movie based on her ups and downs, and her constant struggle with addiction and her famous falling out with Warhol.

Sienna Miller plays the famous Edie Sedgwick, and I absolutely love all of her fabulous 60s ensembles.

The real Edie Sedgwick passed away in 1971.She grew up in Santa Barbara and later moved to New York City.
Sometimes referred to as the 1965 it girl, Edie Sedgwick was a successful actress, socialite and fashionista. She is mostly accredited as a style icon for the Youthquake movement.

The Youthquake Movement is a cultural movement that embodies everything we love about the sixties: miniskirts, plaid, London, Twiggy and many more 60s icons.

Edie Sedgwick will forever have a legacy as a fashion icon. 
Her legacy lives on:
Muse to Andy Warhol and Bob Dylan, a resident of the legendary Chelsea Hotel,  her iconic and trademark pixie haircut...

John Galliano said: 
"Edie danced to her own tune, and I imagine this is what inspired Warhol and Dylan as much as it did me, she created her own identity.. She may only have had 15 minutes of fame, but her style and image influenced a whole generation"

I love Edie's iconic Youthquake style, and I loved Galliano's words: even though she only was in the public's eye for a short while, she had (and still has) a huge influence in the fashion world. 
What do you think?

Thank you for reading!

Francesca

6 comments:

  1. interesting post...I'm curious to see this movie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched that movie, didn't like it as much as I thought but I do loooove the outfits! <3 She's LE-GEN-DA-RY! :)

    WWW.STYLEVANITY.COM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate your visit!