Friday, October 4, 2013

Olivia Pope: TV's most fashionable star

Scandal's Olivia Pope is one of the chicest (probably THE chicest) tv star right now.
Beautiful and smart, Olivia Pope -played by Kerry Washington- is the epitome of style and elegance.

The powerful pant suit.

Lynn Paolo, the fabulous costume designer for Scandal talked to fashionista.com and said:

What research or references did you use for Olivia?
Because Olivia Pope was a different kind of character than we’ve seen on TV before–an exceptionally powerful woman–I drew my references from fashion. I looked at images of Lauren Hutton from the ’70s and I had Kate Hepburn on the board–she always wore pants. Even silly things like I had Queen Elizabeth I. I just got a bunch of iconic images of really strong women through history and it was more fashion-based then it was based on any previous [political] administration.

At the same time, when you’re a strong women in any business, I think a lot of people can find that intimidating and so I wanted to soften Olivia Pope’s edge a bit.


The talented Lynn Paolo also said:

"We want to strike a balance between her always looking great but looking like a real person."


What do you think?
Are you an Olivia Pope fan?

Thank you for reading!

Francesca

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too :)
      Kinga and Saci Thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      All the best,

      Francescaღ

      Delete
  2. I loved her gown.. :)
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pooja!!!
      Thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      All the best,

      Francescaღ

      Delete
  3. I think she is adorable.
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      All the best,

      Francescaღ

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate your visit!