Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tavi Gevinson

My father recently emailed me an article on FT (Financial Times), with a sentence attached reading something like this: A young blogger and entrepeneur, check her out
Tavi Gevinson

What can I say about Tavi Gevinson? Not only have I been obsessed with Tavi for years and years but her blog used to be my homepage. 
Honestly, I am quite  ambivalent when it comes to this young fashionista. On the one side I admire and hold Tavi in the highest regard, she has accomplished so much in her young years. Yet on the other side, I desperately want to be her (what other fashion junkie blogger doesn't though?). 

Originally from Illinois, the Style Rookie is no rookie at all. 
She started her blog in 2008, when she was merely a 12 year old pre-teen.  Later, at age 15, she started her own magazine -Rookie- and was described by the innovative pop queen, Lady GaGa, as the "future of journalism." 
This year, Gevinson has tried her luck at acting, with a small role in the 2013 film Enough Said.

Furthermore, the fashion guru has been chosen as the latest face of Cole Haan.  Haan's latest collection was inspired by young talent, and first on their list was the gorgeous 17-year-old Rookie founder.

What do you think of Tavi?
Do you like her latest Cole Haan campaign? What do you think of the Rookie mag?

Thank you for checking in!

Francesca

13 comments:

  1. I am inviting you to join my $30 certificate giveaway
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/11/dressale-30-certificate-giveaway.html?m=0
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pooja,
      Thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      Francesca :)

      Delete
  2. Wow how she has changed!! Incredible I'm amazed :D Thx dear Francesca to share it & for your very sweet comment Have a good day M-C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! She's completely grown up.
      Thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      Francesca :)

      Delete
  3. I loove the Cole Haan campaign. I think this is the first time I see Tavi dressing so normal. I like her and I adore her blog so much :)

    WWW.STYLEVANITY.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alyssa, me too! The campaign has the perfect holiday feel, and true, the girl isn't wearing many extravagant/eccentric outfits these days.
      Thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      Francesca :)

      Delete
  4. She seemed strange but now she's sexy and very beautiful, huge change!

    http://inatrendytown.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!
      Thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      Francesca :)

      Delete
  5. I love your blog! This post is awesome!
    Check out my blog, write your opinion and maybe...follow?
    Where are you from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your visit and comment!
      I definitely will!
      :)
      Francesca

      Delete
  6. gerçekten başarılı olmuş başarıalr

    ReplyDelete
  7. gerçekten başarılı mükemmel başarılarınızın devamını dileirm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate your visit!